Here we would like to inform you about the collection of your personal data when using our website and its functions. Personal data is all data that can be related to you personally, e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses and user behaviour.
1. Name and contact details of the data controller and the company data protection officer
The data controller pursuant to Art. 4 (7) EU General Data Protection Regulation (DS-GVO) is:
An der Wasserwiese 1
Telephone: +49 (0) 2403 / 7902 – 60
Fax: +49 (0) 2403 / 7902 – 99
The company data protection officer of MVG can be contacted here:
Mr. Daniel Klein
Phone: +49 (0) 241 / 510 555 00
Fax: +49 (0) 241 / 510 555 50
2. Collection and storage of personal data: nature, purpose and use
a. When visiting the website
When you use our websites mvg-ahk.de, mvg-ahk.at, mvg-ahk.ch, blog.mvg-ahk.de, how-to-towbar.com, mvg.group and anhaengevorrichtung.de for information purposes only, i.e. if you do not register or inform us otherwise, the browser used on your terminal device will automatically send information to our website server. However, we will not store this information.
b. When using our contact form
If you have any questions, we offer you the possibility of contacting us via a form provided on the website. Here it is necessary to provide a valid e-mail address, so that we know who is asking the question and can answer it. Any further information is voluntary.
Data processing for contacting us is based on your voluntary consent pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1, sentence 1 (a) DS-GVO.
The personal data collected for the use of the contact form will be automatically deleted after the completion of your enquiry, unless further processing takes place for other legal reasons, such as for the performance under an agreement in terms of Art. 6 (1), sentence 1 (b) DS-GVO.
c. When using our webshop
If you wish to place an order with our webshop and conclude the contract you will have to provide your personal data, which we will require for processing your order. Mandatory data required for the processing of contracts are marked, all other data are voluntary. Your data is processed so we can deal with your order. For this purpose, we may pass on your payment data to our house bank. The legal basis for this is Art. 6, para. 1, sentence 1 (b) DS-GVO.
You have the option to create a customer account, which allows us to save your data for future purchases. If you create an account under “My account”, the data you provide will be stored on a revocable basis. You can always delete all data, including your user account, in the customer area.
We may also process the data you provide to inform you about other interesting products from our range or to send you e-mails with technical information.
- We store the data you provide until you revoke any consent you may have given and there is no other legal justification. We are obliged by commercial and tax law to store your address, payment and order data for a period of ten years. The storage period also depends on the statutory limitation periods, which, for example, pursuant to §§ 195 ff. of the German Civil Code (BGB), are usually 3 years, but in certain cases, can be up to 30 years.
- To prevent unauthorised access to your personal data by third parties, in particular to financial data, order processes are encrypted using TLS technology.
- Of course, when using our webshop you can at any time object to the processing of your personal data for advertising and data analysis purposes. You can inform us of your objection to advertising using the contact details above.
d. When using our helpdesk
For our website helpdesk, we use technology provided by Zammad GmbH, Marienstraße 11, 10117 Berlin, Germany, Tel. +49 (0) 511 54 45 08 85, E-Mail email@example.com, so we can process enquiries faster and more efficiently (legitimate interest according to Art. 6 para. 1 (f) DS-GVO).
Zammad uses the data (chat logs, e-mails with e-mail address) only for the technical processing of enquiries and these will not be forwarded to third parties. In the course of processing service requests, it may be necessary to collect further data. You can view the data protection declaration of Zammad GmbH here: https://zammad.com/de/datenschutz. The legal basis for the processing of the data here is Art. 6 Para. 1(b), DS-GVO.
e. When using further functions and services of our website
- In addition to information, the blog, customer portal and the contact form, our website also offers other various services that might interest you. For this purpose, you will, as a rule, have to provide further personal data required to provide the corresponding service.
- In some cases, we use external service providers to process your data. These are carefully selected and commissioned by us, are bound by our instructions and regularly monitored.
- We may pass on your personal data to third parties if you participate in promotions, competitions, conclusion of contracts or similar services we or our partners offer. You will receive more detailed information on this when you provide your personal data or in the following description of the offer.
- If our service providers or partners are based in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), information on the consequences of this will be given in the description of the offer.
- If you have given your consent to our processing your data during further use of functions and offers on our website, you can revoke this consent at any time. After such a revocation, the permissibility of the processing of your personal data will be affected.
- During further use of functions and offers on our website, we base the processing of your personal data on a balance of interests, however, you may object to the processing. This is the case if the processing is not necessary, in particular, for the fulfilment of a contract with you. This is shown in each case in the following description of the functions. If exercising such an objection, we would ask you to give reasons why we should not process your personal data as before. In the event of your justified objection, we will review the situation and either discontinue or adapt the data processing or indicate the legitimate grounds on the basis of which we will continue the processing.
- When using other functions and offers on our website you can, of course, at any time, object to the processing of your personal data for advertising and data analysis purposes. You can inform us of your objection to advertising using the contact details above.
3. Transfer of data
We do not transfer your personal data to third parties for purposes other than those listed below.
We only pass on your personal data to third parties if:
- you have given your express consent in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 Sentence 1 (a) DS-GVO,
- the disclosure is necessary for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 (f ) DS-GVO and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding valid interest in the non-disclosure of your data,
- in the event that there is a legal obligation for the disclosure pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 Sentence 1 (c) DS-GVO,
- this is legally permissible and necessary for processing contractual relationships with you according to Art. 6 para. 1 Sentence 1 (b) DS-GVO.
For purchases on account, we use payolution GmbH, Columbusplatz 7-8, Stiege 1 / 5th floor, 1100 Vienna, Austria, Tel: +43 (1) 236 0 230 0, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you use this payment method, the data you transmit as part of the purchase will be forwarded to payolution GmbH and stored and processed there in accordance with their data protection regulations. The data protection policy of payolution GmbH can be seen here: https://payment.payolution.com/payolution-payment/infoport/dataprivacydeclaration?channelId=mvgde-invoice.
The legal basis for forwarding data is Art. 6 Para. 1 (b) (f) DS-GVO. The forwarding to the payment service provider takes place so that the payment service provider can carry out the payment processing you have requested and, if necessary, depending on the payment method, also an identity and creditworthiness check (based on the legitimate interest Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 (f) DS-GVO). This enables us to complete the purchase process (Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 (b) DS-GVO).
Information is stored in the cookie that is related to the specific end device used. However, this does not mean that we gain direct knowledge of your identity.
In addition, we also use temporary cookies to optimise user-friendliness, which are stored on your end device for a certain fixed period. If you visit our site again to use our services, there will be automatic recognition that you have already visited our site and which entries and settings you have made, so that you do not have to enter them again.
The data processed by cookies is necessary for the aforementioned purposes to protect our legitimate interests, as well as those of third parties in accordance with Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 (f) DS-GVO. With regard to analysis cookies, please also refer to section 5. For details on the cookies used, please refer to our separate cookie information.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you can configure your browser in such a way that no cookies are stored on your computer or a message always appears before a new cookie is created. However, the complete deactivation of cookies may mean that you cannot use all the functions of our website.
5. Analysis tools
We use the tracking measures listed below on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 sentence. 1 (a) DS-GVO. These are applied to statistically record the use of our website and to assess it with a view to optimising our offer for you. These interests are in terms of the aforementioned provision.
The respective data processing purposes and data categories can be found in the corresponding tracking tools.
a. Google Analytics
- This website uses Google Analytics for web analysis. This is a service provided by Google Ireland Limited (“Google”), a company incorporated and operated under the laws of Ireland (registration number: 368047) with its registered office at Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies” (see 4.), which are stored on your computer and which enable an analysis of your use of the website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. However, if IP anonymisation is activated on this website, your IP address will be abbreviated beforehand by Google during transmission to and storage on a Google server in the USA within member states of the European Union, or in other contracting states to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and abbreviated there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, compile reports on website activity and provide other services relating to website activity and internet usage to the website operator.
- The IP address transmitted by your browser as part of Google Analytics will not be merged with other Google data.
- This website uses Google Analytics with the extension “anonymizeIp()”. This means that IP addresses are processed in abbreviated form, thus excluding the possibility of personal references. If the data collected about you are related to a person, these will be immediately excluded and the personal data deleted immediately.
- We use Google Analytics to analyse and regularly improve the use of our website. The statistics obtained enable us to improve our website and make it more interesting for our users. In exceptional cases where personal data are transferred to the USA, Google is subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 (a) DS-GVO.
- Information from the third party provider: Google Ireland Ltd, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland.
User terms: http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/de.html,
Overview of data protection: http://www.google.com/intl/de/analytics/learn/privacy.html
6. Social media plug-ins
We do not use any social media plug-ins on our website. Nevertheless, we are active in social media and look forward to your visit.
7. Applicant management system
8. Use of ERP system
9. Google maps
- On this website we use Google Maps. This allows us to show you interactive maps on the website and enables you to use the map function at your convenience.
10. YouTube videos
- Our online offer includes integrated YouTube videos, which are stored on http://www.YouTube.com and can be played directly from our website. These are all integrated in an “extended data protection mode”, i.e. if you do not play the videos, there will be no data transmission to YouTube about you as a user. Only if the videos are played will the data mentioned in paragraph 2 be transmitted. We have no influence on this data transmission.
11. Google Web Fonts
On this website, we use web fonts provided by Google for the uniform display of typefaces. When you call up a website, your browser loads the required web fonts into the browser cache to display texts and fonts correctly.
For this purpose, the browser you use must connect to the Google servers. This informs Google that our website has been accessed via your IP address. Google Web Fonts are used to give our online offers a uniform and attractive presentation. This represents a legitimate interest in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 (f) DS-GVO.
If your browser does not support web fonts, a standard font from your computer will be used.
12. Data subject rights
You have the right
- To request information about your personal data processed by us in accordance with Art. 15 DS-GVO. In particular, you can request information about the processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to rectification, deletion, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right of complaint, the origin of your data if it has not been collected by us, as well as the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, and, if applicable, significant information on the details;
- In accordance with Art. 16 DS-GVO, to demand the immediate correction of inaccurate or incomplete personal data stored by us;
- Pursuant to Art. 17 DS-GVO, to request the deletion of your personal data stored by us, unless the processing is necessary to exercise the right of freedom of expression and information, to comply with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- Pursuant to Art. 18 DS-GVO, to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data, insofar as you dispute the accuracy of the data, the processing is unlawful, but you object to its deletion and we no longer require the data, but you need them for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims or you have objected to the processing in accordance with Art. 21 DS-GVO;
- Pursuant to Art. 20 DS-GVO, to receive your personal data provided to us in a structured, conventional and machine-readable format or to request that it be transferred to another person responsible;
- Revoke your consent at any time in accordance with Art. 7 (3) DS-GVO. This means we may no longer continue the data processing based on this consent;
- Lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority pursuant to Art. 77 DS-GVO. For this purpose you can as a rule contact the supervisory authority of your place of residence or workplace or our registered office for this purpose.
13. Right of objection
Insofar as your personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests in accordance with Article 6 (1) sentence 1 (f) DS-GVO, you will have the right to object to the processing of your personal data pursuant to Article 21 DS-GVO, if the grounds arise from your particular situation, or it is an objection to direct advertising. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection without specifying a particular situation; this will be implemented by us.
If you would like to make use of your right of revocation or objection, it is sufficient to send an e-mail to email@example.com.
14. Data security
When you visit our website, we use the widespread SSL procedure (Secure Socket Layer) combined with the highest encryption level supported by your browser. This is generally a 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support a 256-bit encryption, we will use 128-bit v3 technology instead. You can see whether an individual page of our website is transmitted in encrypted form by the key or lock symbol in the address or lower status bar of your browser displayed as sealed.
We also use the appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect your data against accidental or wilful manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or against any unauthorised access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously updated and improved in accordance with technological developments.